Image: BSU III celebrating its first two Phd candidates in Gulu University, Uganda
Aalborg University is co-coordinator for one of the 6 projects in Africa under the program “Building Stronger Universities”, which is funded by Danida. It’s the only BSU-project lead by female coordinators and anchored in the Humanities and Education. Building Stronger Universities is a collaboration between African, and Danish universities with a common goal of strengthening research capacity in developing countries.
The overall objective is to strengthen community development, employability and entrepreneurial thinking through the adoption of ICT and blended learning. The project explores the use of participatory methods and problem- and project based learning as a means for sustainable research capacity building. The project is lead by Gulu University and Aalborg University is co-coordinator for the project and coordinator for the Danish Universities.Professor Lone Dirckinck-Holmfeld from Aalborg University is co-coordinator of the project and coordinator for the Danish Universities. She says:
- The BSU-project is a very important project for Gulu University and for Aalborg University. It gives us an opportunity to build up long term and sustainable relationships to Gulu University in Uganda, and to universities in the Global South. For Aalborg University it’s especially interesting and important as Gulu University is eager to develop problem and project based learning and to adopting ict for learning. Further the project also offers opportunities for our students to work closely with students from Gulu Universities, and use Gulu University as a base for student projects.
The project also hosts Danish students doing projects and research internships, and this has proven to be very important for the collaboration between the universities. Examples of student projects from Information Studies are: “Welcome to Pagirinya (Refugee camp in Adjumani); Improving the Learning Management system, Moodle, at Gulu University in Uganda.”
Facts and more information
- The project i supportet by Danida by 9,997,200 DKK
- Titel of the project: Building Stronger Universities III - Gulu University
- The project runs from 2017-01-10 to 2021-01-10
- Colaborators: Gulu University, Uganda (Coordinator); Aalborg University, Denmark (Co-coordinator); Copenhagen University, Denmark; Roskilde University, Denmark; Syddansk, Denmark
- Download full project description (pdf)
Professor Lone Dirckinck-Holmfeld, +45 22822074 / email@example.com